Primary Skills 2016
Spirit Soccer Primary Skills is for elementary school homeschool students in the Richmond area. There are two age groups.
- Peewee Primary Skills - ages 5-7 (FOR THE 2017 Fall Season, due to a coaching shortage there will be a cap of 15 players accepted. If a board approved parent/coach is willing to volunteer, an increase in players accepted will be considered)
- Jr. Primary Skills - ages 8-11
Primary Skills meets both Fall and Spring seasons on Monday nights. This is a great opportunity for younger players to make friends, develop soccer skills, get exercise and prepare for MS and eventually Varsity soccer.
- Peewee players will meet on Mondays Only, at 5pm for skills practice and scrimmage at Charlotte Acres (6356 Sledd Drive).
- Junior players will meet for practice on Mondays and Thursdays 5pm to 7pm at the beginning of the season,
- Once league play begins, the team will practice on Mondays and our Fall 2017 Game Season will play games on Thursdays with the Stony Point Leagues.
- All games will take place on the soccer field of Sabot at Stony Point. (3400 Stony Point Road, Richmond, VA 23235)
The fall season will focus on using the lessons learned in our Spring 2017 practice in live games at Stoney Point.
We will continue to focus on teamwork, toughness, agility, speed, endurance, positional discipline, strategy, and core functions of accuracy and strength.
Uniform - this year we are going to be a bit more put together on our uniforms. We will use our standard navy blue uniform tops, we ask that you provide your player/players grey shorts, and navy blue soccer socks. We will provide links to the best prices we have found thus far shortly.
PARENTS - We will have a team meeting for parents and coaches after the first practice on the 28th. Please do your best to see that at least one parent can attend.
The cost for Primary Skills is $60 for the first player and $55 for each additional sibling. Discounts are available to volunteer parents. Please inquire.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org